I’m a versatile writer and editor, with a penchant for the long-form, the narrative, the well-researched, the tongue-in-cheek, and the floridly sincere.
I’m also an former clinical researcher, with a deep investment in palliative and end-of-life care, health disparities, and the medical humanities.
I’m looking for opportunities in long-form, narrative journalism, with a focus on
- end-of-life issues
- social justice
- LGBTQ+ experiences
- internet culture
- literature and critical theory
- multimedia art
- fandom and transformative works
My goal is be able to put grief, in its various forms, into words–to broadcast voices that are rarely heard in ways that they can be clearly understood, and invigorate others with the compassion and courage to act.
Above all, I’m eager to learn, committed to practice, and ready to contribute in any way I can.
Some recent stories:
- AV Club – Our Flag Means Death’s campiness drives the show’s success
- Catapult – On running shirtless while trans
- Inverse – Gay yearning drives fandoms – here’s why it deserves more attention
- Mashable – Failed by the healthcare system, transgender people find help elsewhere
- Real Life Magazine – Endless Nameless: Gender reconsidered as vibes
- Electric Literature – Fans on Twitter Are Creating a New Kind of Story You’ve Never Seen Before